Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DPNSS Message block trace Supplimentary Service Message code unknown definition. (BTNR 188 or 189)

Status
Not open for further replies.

togtek

Technical User
Aug 20, 2009
GB
Hi there,
I have been trying for a few weeks now to discover the definition of a DPNSS "Set-UP" message I believe is causing an issue with routing calls over a private network. The initial service request message (ISRM) is as follows:- "> R01909 SSRM(I) *18*-*8*-#*248*6205*I*3#*58*Av*31#*37F*6205#". The *248* code in the message is the mystery I am trying to get to the bottom of. I have examined the BTNR188 and 189 definitions and they only go as far as *244* which is defined as a message index.The origin on the call is from a Realitis DX with and IP Trunking routing via the HG3500 card. There are other Realitis DX nodes on this network that use the same Trunk interface and routing, but none of these send this is the set up message. This one site's calls "ALL" fail when routed to another part of the network with Hipath 3000's with HG1500's linking them together and the clearing cause is just simply CRM/CIM 000 (Number Unobtainable)rejected by the Hipath 3000 transit node. The Transit node and Realitis Node acting as a gateway to the Hipath 3000's is linked via a 30 Channel QSIG link(NOT IP). Only this one Realitis site calls are not routed over the Hipath 3000 network and all the other Realitis sites calls work just fine with exactly the same routing digits etc. The only difference I have been able to find is this set up message.

If anybody has any ideas on what or where I could get an answer, I would be most grateful.

Many thanks in advance.

Simon

It seems to refer to a diversion that is set (diversion - last extension)

Have a look at
Link Page 152

Thanks SBCSU,
I had been through that document, but was searching for *248!!. Its is exactly correct as the extension we used to test this call has an "Immediate Forward" active on it.
Thanks for helping with the clarification of the message anyway.

Kind regards

Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back