Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Downloading the MCTS certificate

Status
Not open for further replies.

warrenx5

IS-IT--Management
Jul 6, 2009
NG
Hello everyone. I have a problem. I just took and passed the MCTS certification exam but i was not able to get a printout of my score sheet at the test center. Now i don't evidence of the certification. But i recieved a mail from microsoft after the exam telling me that i can be able to download my certificate from a link given in the mail. when I opened the link I couldn't find anywhere i can download a certificate or even view it. Please I need help on how to get this done. Thanks.

You should have gotten a score report from the test center. If you didn't, don't despair. The link that you got via email should be for the MCP site. Once you sign in to the MCP site you will be able to download certificates, transcripts, etc.

The certificate process isn't as intuitive as you would expect. First you have to go into the logo builder and build the logo that you want. If you have only passed one MCTS exam you'll have basically two options: either a generic MCTS logo or an MCTS logo for the product that you are certified on. Once you have created a logo and saved it in your library you will be able to use that logo on certificates that you download.

MCTS:System Center Virtual Machine Manager
MCSE:Security 2003
MCITP:Enterprise Administrator

What you should also do is log onto the MCP site and get them to send you the certificate (they don't do it automatically now). I think they call it The Welcome Pack or something like that (it's been a while since I did it).

Simon

The real world is not about exam scores, it's about ability.

I don't think they send out paper certs any more, they've gone all green on that front.

Paul
MCTS: Exchange 2007, Configuration
MCSA:2003
MCSE:2003

If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?
Scott Adams

They don't send out welcome kits anymore, but you can order a paper copy of your certificate for $9.95 (includes shipping and what-not). Additional certificates are only 99 cents each, so if you have an MCITP: Enterprise Administrator you could order your MCITP certificate ($9.95) and your four MCTS certificates ($.99 each) for a total of $13.91.

That sucks, I remember when they used to send it out, then I had to ask for my MCTS for SCCM 2007, now they want to charge for them?? sheesh it's not like we don't pay enough for the exams as it is.

Simon

Well, I suppose whether we pay enough or too much is a matter of opinion. The one fact that I can say is that the exam prices haven't gone up in over 8 years, while most others (Cisco, CompTIA, etc) have gone up quite a bit. I don't know how the pricing works out in the UK, but in the US you're looking at $125 for a Microsoft exam and $160-$250 for anyone else's exam.

But the bigger rationalization is that they wanted to "go green". I'm not too worried about it since I haven't actually used my certificates since I got them, and I know that I can print them myself or order them fairly cheaply if I do end up needing them.

I seem to recall in the UK it's £88 per exam, not quite as cheap as the US.

Simon

Nothing is as cheap in the UK as it is here. You guys get the short end of the stick when it comes to prices on everything tech related.

Yep it's still £88 here and has been for at least 4 years to be fair.

Paul
MCTS: Exchange 2007, Configuration
MCSA:2003
MCSE:2003

If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?
Scott Adams

you should also be able to view your transcript if you have your MCP Id. That is normally updated within 7 days.

BTW does anyone know of any IT training companies in the Midlands? I know of IT Courses

Ta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back