Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Downloading OS X Combo Update 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jezlee

Technical User
Nov 5, 2002
GB
Has anyone else had any trouble downloading the latest update for OS X from the apple web site or via software update? I have tried many times using software update, and since just downloading off the apple site, but every time the download fails around the 30MB mark. I know I am just using a 56K modem, which means that it's slow, but surely it should arrive eventually???

Find a download manager that can resume broken downloads. One that suits your needs should be found at versiontracker.com

I don't know if apple's 'software update' utility resumes broken downloads but I have had similar trouble. A download manager will cure your ills.

R these download manageers freeeware?
Shirl[flowerface]ey Learn something new every day.

Many thanks to jimoblak! I downloaded Monica and successfully downloaded the Mac OS X update. It failed 3 times during the download, but Monica redialed and picked up every time where it had left off. Brilliant - thanks again!

Freeware? - - some are. If you use a dial up modem, it may be worthwhile to invest in a shareware edition.

A quick glance at versiontracker.com offers a free option with 'Platypus'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back