Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Downloading of Zip/Exe blocked

Status
Not open for further replies.

zarkon4

MIS
Dec 16, 2003
US
I have racked my brain over and over. I've been through group policy's. The issue first, Our user's are getting
a message "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer." when downloading a zip or self extracting exe from customer sites on the internet. The only people who have been able to do this are Administrators. I have search the obvious points, like the firewall, group policy, security policy's. I have not been able to find where this is getting blocked. Am I missing something somewhere? Could someone assist please?

I apologize if I double posted but we are at our wits end.

Is this happening in all web browsers? Just IE? Fx? Chrome? Safari? Opera? Others? And which versions of those?

What OS are you running? Mac OS? Linux? XP? Vista? And which versions of those?

You're not giving much away...

Dan

Coedit Limited - Delivering standards compliant, accessible web solutions

Dan's Page [blue]@[/blue] Code Couch:
Code Couch Snippets & Info:
The Out Atheism Campaign

Windows XP, Internet Explorer 8, no other browsers. Sorry

Yes, it goes through all the motions of saving. Dialog box shows, asks where you want to save, you click save and bam, blocked.

Is it all ZIP files and all EXE files, or just ones from a particular site/group of sites?

Try downloading, for example, some updated printer drivers, etc, from someone like Canon, Epson, Brother, etc.

Dan

The Out Atheism Campaign

I'm all out of ideas... my only suggestion now would be to search around on Google for that error message. Perhaps someone else might have a better idea.

Good luck with finding a solution, anyway...

Dan

The Out Atheism Campaign

Cross posted here: thread931-1615556

@zarkon4 Please don't post the same question in multiple forums. Choose the forum that best suits the question and stick with that forum. If you cross post then the people helping you may not know that the question that they are asking has been answered in the other forum. Also, they may be trying to resolve the issue when the issue has already been resolved in the other forum. Both scenarios are a waste of everyone's time.

Hope this helps.

Please help us help you. Read Tek-Tips posting polices before posting.
Canadian members check out Tek-Tips in Canada for socializing, networking, and anything non-technical.

Zarkon4 - If this problem is still happening, check your security settings in Windows,since you're running XP, ask in XP the forum. also check protection settings in any other security/protection software you're running. (McAfee, Symantec, etc)

Fred Wagner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back