Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Downloading hangs on 99%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yardyy

Technical User
Aug 13, 2002
GB
Hey dudes its me again,

I got another weird problem, When i download any files from internet, and site, .exe, .zips, .msi. etc... some of the files hang at 99%, one one occasion the download hung for about half an hour, before i cancelled it. It this does not seem to happen on all sites, or all file types, just a random thing that is happening more often...

I have tried downloading the same files from different computers, servers, and buildings. I came home the other day that was able to download this 2meg file easily, but could not at work.. we have Checkpoint NG FP2 installed, and i think that has something to do with it, i have tried logging but that shows nothing as the download is accepted.

Please can any one help... Regards

Yardyy

Try turning off your AV. We had the same issue with McAfee. Turned it off, downloads are fine. Ended up upgradeing the McAfee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back