Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Downloading files with JavaScript

Status
Not open for further replies.

davo

Technical User
Aug 7, 2000
US
Hi I am new to JavaScript (know SQL, VBA well).<br><br>Another office is going to put files on their web page for my office (in another country).<br><br>I would like js to download the files and save them to our Network automatically (activated by the day of the month).<br><br>Is it possible? or do I need Perl?<br><br>I know there is &lt;INPUT TYPE=FILE but what about the other way??<br><br>Thanks. Sorry about the dumb question!<br>

Javascript is a scripting language, it is not capable of making programable applications to the point where it does the task of your browser for you. If it is to download to yourself, usally a link to the file will automatically popup a dialog. I think you might be better suited looking for the answer in a programming language like Vb or VC++(or one of those, who knows maybe even Java itself, no wait java has restriction to user's file system).<br><br>I'll repost if I think of anything. <p>Karl<br><a href=mailto:kb244@kb244.8m.com>kb244@kb244.8m.com</a><br><a href= </a><br>Experienced in , or have messed with : VC++, Borland C++ Builder, VJ++6(starting),VB-Dos, VB1 thru VB6, Delphi 3 pro, Borland C++ 3(DOS), Borland C++ 4.5, HTML,Visual InterDev 6, ASP(WebProgramming), QBasic(least i didnt start with COBOL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back