Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Downloading and saving vector art

Status
Not open for further replies.

kineticill

Technical User
Aug 17, 2012
US
Hey guys I'm a total noob with Adobe Illustrator have a question about saving downloaded vector art as symbols, say I go to all-silhouettes.com and download a free vector pack what is the fastest way for me to save each one so I can use them in future drawings?

This is what I have currently been doing, downloading .zip file, opening containing .ai file of 20-30 vectors, saving each vector one by one by clicking on vector and then clicking new symbol, after this symbols come up in "user defined" area of drown down menu in symbol window.

Is there a faster way to do this any help would be greatly appreciated...Thanks:)

...unfortunately there is no other quick way to build your own symbol library than the method you are using...

...other than not actually building a symbol library but simply keeping the original illustrator file on backup somewhere.

...quite handy is to use Adobe CS Bridge to create a PDF contact sheet of a folder of images, then you can just browse it, find what your looking for, then locate the file and open it:

Andrew
==============
- Graphic Design and Web Design, Exeter, Devon, UK.
==============

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back