Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Download blocked for domain users

Status
Not open for further replies.

hmartineau

IS-IT--Management
Jan 19, 2010
CA
HI,

I am troubleshooting an issue for one of my clients, they have a windows sbs2001 essentials with 10 pc's on their domain and 2 that are not part of the domain.

The workstations are all on windows 7 (mostly 64bits but some are 32bits), the 2 workstation in workgroups are on windows 7 Home editions (will be updated soon). The sbs2011 is the only server on the domain.

Here is the issue, all workstation have internet access but the workstations on the domain can't download from the internet, it they try to download a file, the download starts but will stop about halfway, there is no error message the download just hangs halfway. They still have internet and network connectivity when that happens. At first i was sure it was a router issue but the 2 workstation that are not on the domain but on the same network (same router, same IP subnet, using the same gateway) can download files from the internet without any problems (i did the test downloading the same pdf files from the same source). There are no GPO's other than the standard default ones created by sbs2011. I have also tried creating a new user and logging on a workstation with the same result...

I have tried doing a speedtest to check internet connection but the speedtest also hangs on the workstation that are part of the domain, the speetest works on the workstation that are not part of the domain with 30Mbps download and 5Mbps upload.

Anyone have any idea what is causing this ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back