Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

download 46xxsettings across tunnel

Status
Not open for further replies.

danisrael

IS-IT--Management
Jan 29, 2013
US
I have several 9608's running remotely with VPN enabled. I need to push a new Gateway address to the phones through the 46xxsettings.txt file. When the phones boot, the tunnel builds and it reads the 96upgrade and 46xx files (returns 200). However, the settings aren't changing.

Anyone have experience pushing settings through the tunnel?

Normally the phones will create a tunnel before loading their config. The phones will need to have their initial configuration to pull the 46xxsettings file in the first instance, e.g the http server set etc. You can set this via DHCP options - but only if the DHCP server supports custom options.

ACSS - SME
General Geek

Yep, that's how we have it setup. To configure a phone, I usually just plug it into the LAN, it pickups the DHCP option and gets it's programming from the 46xxsettings.txt file. This file enables and pushes the settings for the VPN. I simply reboot it and it is good to go. It then utilizes the VPN, where it does appear to read the settings, but the newer settings won't over right. The only way I can do that is to clear the phone through the craft menu. And a clear phone requires it be on the Lan for the initial setup.

However, this is a simple IP address change that I would like to push to existing phones. Then have the remote user reboot to use the settings.

The VPN gateway. I realize I'll have to let all users update and then pick up the restart. We have access to the vpn through both routes for the time being.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back