Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Downgrade NVM 4.1 to 4.04C?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aragon

Instructor
Apr 22, 2003
CA
I have to downgrade a NVM 4.1 to version 4.04C!!!!

I have a working NVM with 4.1 software version
I have the required CD to install 4.04C

Is it possible to completely delete the NVM software and reinstall to the required version?
Anyone know the procedure?

I've never tried to downgrade a NAM, but the procedure to upgrade is to connect a Backpack with the CD inserted to the printer port, insert the boot disk in the floppy drive, then reboot the NAM and wait to hear ascending tones. There is a utility on the CD to create a boot disk.

Why do you need to downgrade the NAM? R4.1 is backwards compatible.

Brian Cox

Right. 4.1 should work with anything, and gives you some maintenence shortcuts to boot.

I'm not interested in backwards compatibility.
Customer demands 4.0.4C
Customer gets 4.0.4C

In my opinion it can only be done as so:
-boot up NAM with monitor package
-remove folders using OS/2 window
-del ACCESS2
-del ST
-Install NVM using 2.1 CD loader and CD
-Upgrade to NVM version 3
-Upgrade to NVM version 4.0.4C

Procedure will not work on NAM V3G since the AMD platform requires OS/2 WARP version 4.
NVM CD version 2.1 deletes OS/2 WARP version 4 and installs OS/2 version 3
NAM V3G will not boot with OS/2 WARP version 3 because it cannot boot OS kernel.

Therefore the procedure only works on NAM version 1, 2, 2G but renders NAM 3G hard drive into paperweight.

I was looking for some method to re-install NVM 4.0.4C on NAM already running 4.1
Expected method:
-delete enough files to allow NVM 4.0.4C upgrade CD to overwrite existing NVM 4.1 voicemail files.

Customer gets more with NAM 4.1 over Nam 4.04C, What is the customer needing to do.....

What seems to not be working in the nam?

Work in Progress

Let's please think of this as a lab question shall we?.
It is stated there is nothing wrong and only needing to know how to downgrade and nothing further.

Cheers

the last time i did a downgrade ,i treated it as a upgrade with the older software and it worked fine

as a note i remember that the 4.1 was an unautorized beta release and that the latest stable nam was 4.0.04c

but i could be wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back