Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Downgrade from 11.1 to 11.0 SP5 issues 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

clindsay1

MIS
Mar 18, 2007
US
I received a new IPO and SD with 11.1, I am trying to downgrade it to 11.0 SP5 with no luck. I have taken the same process that I have for years to upgrade/downgrade systems. Loaded Admin 11.0 SP5 on my computer, Did a Format SD and Recreate SD. Everything completes successfully. When I put the card back in to the IP500 and it boots up. It shows it has V11.1 and as expected will not allow me to connect to it with the 11.0 Admin client. Any suggestions why it would not be keeping the 11.0 version I formatted and recreated the card with and reverts back to 11.1?

Try a different SD card, also verify the files being written to the SD Card are indeed 11.0 (check filelist.txt on the SD card under the primary directory on your laptop, open it up at the top it'll show what version.)

The version that gets installed on the SD card is not necessarily the version of manager you are running. It is based on the working directory you have set. It is possible to have R11.1 installed, even use R11.1 manager, but still be pointing at R11.0 .bin files which would in turn load R11.0 on the SD card. If you do a file>advanced>upgrade it should show the available version. That should be the version that would be put on the SD card when recreating it.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back