Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Down Meridian Mail 13.14

Status
Not open for further replies.

the1sandman

Technical User
Aug 3, 2006
US
I have a down Meridian Mail 13.14. It boots up but once I get the MM banner and try to log in, it gives me the message "login failed. cannot open security file". We have tried reseating and rebooting to no avail. Has anyone seen this? I am at a loss at what to try next.

Sounds like file system corruption. If you have the install media, you are probably looking at a system reload. Are scheduled backups still running? If so, you should be able to reload the system, then restore mailboxes/messages/voice services from tape.

if the thing is down, then aml application level isn't going to be up.

Mato' Was'aka

What are you typing after you hit LOGON and this comes up

Enter the password (it will not be displayed) >

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

If it's Mail 13, then you will now get a Login ID which is usually system. Then enter in your password.

Another way is to try and use tools as the ID. You can try the password for a number of times to see if you can log in without the login being disabled for 10 minutes.

Finally as a last resort, get hold of a Mail tape drive with a copy of the Mail 13 installation tape and power up the mail with the tape drive switched on. You should eventually get to a menu where you can regenerate the password.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian Programmer in the UK

Useful Nortel forum at
If it's working, then leave it alone!.

The AML link is up, both layers. For login ID we are using system and then the password. At that point we get the error message. If we try to go to TOOLS or use a soft key from the login screen the system just freezes. I do have a backup and I figured it could be some type of corruption. We will try loading from the install tape and see what happens.

After reading your 1st message again, I also agree that you have either corruption or a hard disk that is due to fail soon. Do you have the mail installation tape for release 13?.

This will be required, before you load the backup in.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian Programmer in the UK

Useful Nortel forum at
If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back