Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Down LTO2 SSO

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncentapemonkey

IS-IT--Management
Jun 29, 2004
US
I am using Netbackup 4.5 fp6 with SSO. there is 4 DLT and 4 LTO2 drives. The question i have is it seems periodically the drives seem to be going down with no good reason as to why. all of the fibre hba's are set to rediscover the loss connection. but the LTO drives still seem to go down. is there a specific timeout setting that you need to use on the LTO2 drives? i am currently using 3600 which we were using on the DLT's. Thought maybe someone else might have seen this and might have a solution. thanks alot.

There aren't any specific timeouts for LTO2 drives - create a bptm log on the media and see whether there is any correlation between tape mounts/dismounts and drives going down. Check that you haven' got a unmountable / cleaning tape mixed in with your usable pools.

May be the mapping of drivers are incorrect. I have the same problem after kernel upgrade of media servers since the st.conf has been overwrite....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back