Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Doubts about G3Si

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHNascimento

Technical User
Aug 12, 2008
Hi Folks!! I went to see the one G3Si from my another topic (here in TT) and the cabinet SCC are empty!! :-O

I have the mission of populate this "cab" to do a branch office works with 200 stations (Dig. and Ana.) with 4 E1 circuits (using Ds1 Convert). We have many older boards at our wharehouse.

I think this is not so hard... but...!! ;-)

So let´s go to the doubts:

1st - System boards to do G3Si UP are correct?
We need only: Processor, Network Control and Tone Clock. Anymore?

2st - Can I use this Boards?
Processor: TN798 (has a Flash Card)
Network Control: TN794
Tone Clock: TN2182B

3st - What I Need to Ds1 convert works (cable, more boards)? I never had seen this board! My co-work tells that it is for with 4 E1s. I found 2 boards for connect Branch and HQ.

Thaks Avaya masters, if you have an url from Avaya Website please post for us. I tryed but don´t found that! ;-)

Carlos Henrique

You can only have a DS1 Remote EPN from a G3R (not G3si). Is that what you have? The cabinet needs to be an EPN control carrier A and you do not use a processor for a DS1C EPN. Just a 2181, 570, and ds1c board at the remote. 573 and ds1c board for the PPN (assuming the G3R has an SNI carrier).

-CL

If you put the TN798 into an Si cabinet it will blow up the processor board!!! The TN798 is designed to work in the Prologix CSI environment.
If you have a TN790B you can run release 7 or 8 with the TN794 NET CON board but depending on the carrier you may also need the TN2400 PKT INTFC board also.
I'm not sure about the converting of the T1.

I have never tried using a port carrier as a control carrier but my guess is that it won't work.

I'm sure you will need a J58890L - Control Carrier.

- Dave

ok Mans...

lopes1211: This is not a remote EPN. But if I will can do it, will be better.

techma1: Thanks for your information. Now I will try find the TN790 processor!

Switchman: I Don´t understood you post!!

Folks my first intention is to do anything like it:

Thank a lot!!
CH

Your diagram already shows a working EPN at the "branch". What is your need for another PBX?

-CL

Only expand the number of stations with a smaller cost!

Thanks Lopes

Switchman now I understood your answer. I will do a reformulation from this question. Please wait a moment!

CH ;-)

CASE 1 (I think this is more viable)

Remote EPN (Gray):

In this case I don´t use the processor (this is not a Control Cabinet). I only use the Exp. Interface, Tone clock and DS1 Converter.

(Stations and DS1 Interface I know and no problems)

It´s correct?

PS: How to install DS1 Converter:

CH ;-)

It's been a while since I worked at this level on si's

you may need an expansion control carrier (J58890N) to run the Remote EPN but i'm not 100% on this one.

Switchman: Really? You work since 900DC hahaha!! So we have an EPN J58890N to do that. I confirmed with a friend and he has said the same of you.

Now I need know all circuit packets to do this expansion. By my research I found this packets to work with a expansion control network:

- Maintenance (TN775)
- Tone Clock (TN2182B)

Please anybody can to verify my mini-project ;-)

(Stations and DS1 Interface I know and have no problems to implement)

Thanks for all help!!

CH ;-)

Hi people,

Only for information, we decides for add another cab in the G3Si that already exists. So this new cab will be type B. We will buy it.

Thanks for all helps!! ;-)

CH ;-)

That will be your best/easiest way to add more capacity to your system. Those cabinets should be fairly easy to pick up now at a good price.

Just be careful placing the ribbon cable between the cabinets.

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
- Dwight D. Eisenhower (1890-1969), Inaugural Address, January 20, 1953

For the best response to a question, read faq690-6594

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back