Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

doubts about avaya & vlan voice diagram

Status
Not open for further replies.

fffrrr

Technical User
Feb 18, 2009
MX
I wanna create a VLAN for Voice on Baseline 2948, and I wanna configure QoS on it but is my first avaya PBX and 3Com switch configuration. I dont understand completely, because VoIP is not my area but I have to configure this part of the network.

n180h1.jpg

My doubts are:

. If the PBX is in a different network segment (192.1.10.0 /24) and my ip phones are in another (192.1.11.0 /24) Can I create a separate VLAN Voice, one for each segment? I mean can I create a two voice VLAN on one switch (3com 2948)?

I don't know if exist space in the 192.1.10.0 /24 subnet for the IP phones. But, for example, if doesn't have more space in this subnet (I mean, from .11.35 to .11.254 are in use) what can I do? What happen if the others subnets doesn't have the enought space for PBX, IP phones and the rest of voice configuration? What is the posible solution to this scheme?

Other ones:
. Is posible create and configure a VLAN voice on the avaya PoE switch?
. It is correct, based on the next figure, create a VLAN voice if the PC is on one subnet and my ip phone in other? How I can built this kind of scheme?
. What is the recommended parameters to my ip phones, I mean, priority, CoS to queue, aging, bandwidth?

Thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back