Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Double sided printing for cd

Status
Not open for further replies.

militantmandy

Technical User
Dec 20, 2006
GB
Hi folks. This is probably dead easy, but i've not a clue! Basically, I have an image that is double the length of a cd case. The left side is front, to be on the outside of the cd case, the right side is to be the notes. Does any know of a way I can do this?

CDCOVERcopy.jpg

You need to discuss this with your printer. They will tell you how to set up the artwork for printing.

If not familiar with the term, google/learn what 'bleed' and 'crop marks' mean in the realm of printing.

..as spamjim says, you need to allow for bleeds, spine allowance (if any) and to really think about the configuration of the final CD case in mind, whether glue flaps are required for example...

...CD cases can come in many varied configurations, they could be a simple cardboard sleeve (normally front cover would be on the right hand side, not left), with glue flaps...

...or perhaps in a standard clear plastic CD case, in which case the cover is created as a single piece of card, and the back insert is a single sided printed piece that sits under the CD holder...

andrew

...also bear in mind that they do become pretty complex in structure (with flaps and scores etc), and you may need to also buy a die forme (unless your printer can source one they have used before)...

andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back