Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Double DTMF Issue 11.1.2.1 Server Edition (Websocket)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lleeNC

Vendor
Aug 29, 2018
US
All,

Customer is having an issue when dialing out to another external system. When they get the other system's auto attendant, it will get rejected or fail due to double dtmf being sent.

12/5/23 12:53:44 PM-067ms Line = 10, Channel = 1, Q.931 Message = Information, Call Ref = 162653, Direction = From Switch, Called Party Number = 3, Keypad Facility = 3
12/5/23 12:53:44 PM-087ms Line = 12, Channel = 1, Q.931 Message = Information, Call Ref = 162653, Direction = To Switch, Called Party Number = 3, Keypad Facility = 3
12/5/23 12:53:44 PM-088ms Line = 10, Channel = 1, Q.931 Message = Information, Call Ref = 162653, Direction = From Switch, Called Party Number = 3, Keypad Facility = 3

For example,

- Customer calls 315XXXXXXX
- Customer hears the auto attendant of the other system
- Dials 3
- System status is showing digit 3 being dialed twice

I've called the external auto attendant with my cellphone and can confirm that if I dial 3 twice in rapid succession it will fail. This is what is happening when the users dials out to that external AA with their J179 phones.

Also tried FNE dialing to the external AA and could not replicate the issue, so I'm thinking this may be a J179 issue?

Some more info,

- This is going over a PRI on another system
- I only see a single digit pressed on the original V2, two digits being pressed when viewing logs from the Primary Server which forwards it off to the other V2 with the PRI (also showing two digits being pressed).

Any ideas? I currently have a SR with Avaya and they are thinking this is an issue with the J100 series phones.

Edit: And yes, I have upgraded the J179 to the latest firmware and it did not resolve the issue.

Had a very similar issue and it only impacted my J179 and J169 sets with SIP - 9600 H323 and digital sets were fine. I was also getting double digits when calling Voicemail Pro over SCN from the same sets (sets were registered to a 500v2 expansion).

I couldn't replicate this on any other set types (I tested different IP phones including third party SIP) - it was only happening on the J100 series.

In my case I upgraded the solution to 11.1 FP3 and the problem went away.

So here is what we've found so far,

Tested with a 9608 and it worked fine while the J100 phones are failing... so you're correct that it is a similar issue. We do not want to upgrade to 11.1 FP3 as this is a large company and we rather not open up a can of worms.

Avaya is working on a fix at the moment I believe, hopefully they will have a solution for it soon.

Issue Resolved.

Upgraded customer to 11.1.2.4 and the DTMF issues disappeared.

Note: We've tried upgrading the firmware of the phones first but that didn't work. Upgrading to 11.1.2.4 did resolve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back