Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Double connections in monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

techsupport

IS-IT--Management
Mar 20, 2000
DK
I have a Netware 5 server and all the workstations have the new novell client 3.2.<br>
Some of my users are using two licensed connections in monitor. I know about the connections with the asterix. These are not asterix connections. These are normal connections. Both connections have different logged in times. All these double connected users are experiencing drop outs. When they try to run a program on the server they get a illegal operation error. They can then close the program and start it again. Sometimes it works again and sometimes you have to shut down and start again. These users simply get logged off the server and then in again without user intervention.<br>
<br>
Could it be a NIC problem? Could it be a client problem?

<br>Any chance of running out of packet receive buffers???

The server is okay and running. No problem there. There are plenty of PCBs.<br><br>

NAL will use another licensed connection with client 3.x This can often lead to two licenses per w/station. NAL use should not crash the PC thoug.. perhaps there is something more serious underlying..

I am not running NAL. I am going to change the nic of one of these workstations. I will let you all know how it goes. In the meantime please free to come with any ideas.<br><br>Thanks<br><br>

There is a whole bunch of reasons why you might get double connections including such things as presistent mappings, etc. Go to <A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> and search for - &quot;connections&quot; AND &quot;nw5&quot; -. There are several tids written in 1999 and 2000 that may point you to your problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back