Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Double Agent Answering – Same Call

Status
Not open for further replies.

Realign

IS-IT--Management
Mar 12, 2005
US
Site Info: G3SI V11 Intuity MAP5 CMS V6
Good Morning, I just have a quick question. About once every 2 or 3 months a call will come in to 2 Agents at the same time. One Agent needs to drop off, and the other takes the call. I believe this to be just an anomaly but I was just curious if anyone has run across this and actually tracked something like this down. My queue lengths are set to 75 on each split. Personally I think this is just a timing issue and is so rare it is practically impossible to isolate. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

We get this in spurts, a few times a month and some days it happens a good bit. Agent B's phone rings, he gets on the call and Agent A is already talking to the customer. I believe most of the time Agent B cannot be heard, just hangs up.

We get it once in a blue moon. Last time I went to the switchpanel & used a punchdown tool to secure the wiring a little better. Not sure that was the reason but it hasn't happened since, at least no one has complained. Just a guess but maybe worthwhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back