Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dot1q between Nortel 5510 to cisco 3560

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgomaazak

Technical User
Sep 10, 2007
Dears
i want to configure dot1q trunk between cisco 3560 switch and bay stack 5510 any one help me in bay stack configration ? i have very low experiance in nortel
FYI i have two VLANS Voice(2) and Data(1) i want to add cisco switch 3560 to my curent network( Nortel) so i want to configure trunk between cisco 3560 and nortel 5510 and to connect Nortel IP phones to cisco 3560
help please ?

Thanks,

Should be straight forward. First off, I would try and avoid using vlan1 as one of your vlans, It is the default vlan used when no vlans are configured and may cause some issues down the road. on the port that is connected to the cisco switch on the nortel, make sure both vlans are included in the access list and that the port is set to trunk under the port vlan tab if using Java Device Manager. on the Cisco, you would do something like this in config mode.
interface fastethernet0/20
switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
switchport mode trunk
exit
exit

you can optionally add the command under the interface
switchport trunk allowed 2-3
or whatever the vlan list you want on that port otherwise all vlans configured on the switch will be allowed out of the port. Depending on the version of the IOS, i think you also need to issue the command vlan database from exec mode and create the vlans you want to use. Hope this helps or at least points you in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back