Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dot Matrix Printing from Paradox 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACCESSDUMMY

Programmer
Oct 22, 2003
US
I need help printing to a dot matrix printer from Paradox 10, but the real problem is that the paper size is 8.5 x 5.5.

I can't get Paradox to remember the page size when it starts to print. Everything looks fine when I print to the screen. Does anyone know how to manipulate Paradox so that I can print a custom page size to a dot matrix printer? This has to be done today. :(
This is a once a year problem.

Thanks,
Amy

Amy,

I think your question has already been answered! Do a keyword search on the word Page, in the list of threads is one for 16/11/03 by Cleoman (thread no thread177-701220)for setting special page sizes. The replies should get you out of trouble!!

Regards,

Lewy

I tried that, but I still have problems with the papersize.

I'm trying to print on continuous form, where each "page" is 8.5 x 5.5.

Here's the script I used based on the thread you referred me to...

var
rpt Report
uio UIObject
pt Point
endVar

rpt.load(":alias:report.rsl")
uio.attach(rpt)

pt = uio.PageSize

pt.setY(7920)
pt.setX(12240)
uio.PageSize = pt

rpt.DesignModified = FALSE;
rpt.run()

Yet, when I send to the printer (keep in mind it's a dot matrix) the message displayed before printing is "Report layout settings (page size, paper orientation) have been changed within the print dialog. This will require each report page to be regenerated. This can take a long time for large reports. Would you like to continue?".

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Amy

Try setting the custom page settings of the printer your using to the size of the paper you'll be using, then just make the custom paper the defualt paper for the report.

That was a shot in the dark, so good luck...

Richard

Hi --
If you still need to solve this problem Kliot helped me solve a similiar problem about a year ago. If you review those posts you should be able to make your reports and printers get along. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back