Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DOS vs WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

qweas

Programmer
Feb 12, 2002
GB
Hello,

What is the difference between DOS and WIN programming, how do i program in a windows environment and how do i access the 3D graphics library?
Can you please help me?

Thanks

Hello,
can someone please help me i want to make a game but including the graphics into the program i have never done before and because i program in DOS i have nver used Windows Programming so i don't know what to do and how to include the windows programming environment.

Thanks

If You use MS Visual C++, it is one way, with Borland it is another way, with X-Windows - another way etc.
Do You wish to use MFC? VTK? Dou You wish to visualise with Direct X? Open GL? Bitmaps and DCs? There are too many cases, nobody can say You, what do You have to do.
There are no best way for all cases: Direct X is quicklier, but not easy. X-Windows can be used with another OS (Unix) too; VTK is powerfull, but not easy for beginner etc. I would say, use Open GL for Your 3D.
The best way, look Win32 graphics samples on MSDN and decide, witch technique You wish to use, and then take a part from the sample for Your program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back