Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DOS Printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

marzy1

Technical User
Oct 17, 2002
GB
I have some PLT files that non of our programs support, I can print these through dos by using the net use command.
then using copy file to lptx port.
The trouble is these files are all A3 and when I print they come out in A4, is there a way to print to A3 paper?

Try a different printer. It may be a printer setting.

James P. Cottingham

When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute and it's longer than any hour. That's relativity.
[tab][tab]Albert Einstein explaining his Theory of Relativity to a group of journalists.

This may be so, but is there any commands that can be used to change the print settings or paper sizes??

any help much appreciated.

marzy

I'm assuming that there is A3 paper in the printer :)
If it's a printer that understands PCL (most printers do), then you probably should send an escape command to select the right papersize/cassete. If you search HP homesite for escape commands or pcl commands you should find what you are looking for.
The command would look something like "Ec&l1Hh" for cassette 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back