Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DOS printing on HP LaserJet 1005

Status
Not open for further replies.

jovicat

Programmer
Sep 23, 2003
GR
Hey,
Parameters :
OS - WIN98 SE,
Applicaton - CLIPPER 5.2,
Printer - HP LaserJet 1005
Connected on : LPT1

J have problem printing DOS application directly to HP LaserJet 1005 / LPT1. Directly from command promt, something like 'dir > lpt1' do nothing.
Also booting only command prompt directly, has no efect.
Did someone have information, is it possible at all to print on this LaserJet directly from DOS or DOS box within WIN98.

Thanks,

According to the official pages of HP this printer is supporting PCL 5e emulation and can only print to DOS via Windows mode (95/98) in a box.

I have similar problem with this printer.
I can print from command prompt.
For eg.: ' copy autoexec.bat lpt1:' - I get the result on the printer but it is al in a big size font! This is big problem for me, as I want to print from DOS application.

Hp1005 has separate driver for DOS and WIN98. When you are printing from DOS, you have to set default printer to "HP 1005 DOS"
I think the driver isn't OK.

If you go to the command prompt, you´ll end up in a DOS like environment, where the printer most probably won`t print and isn´t supported either.
Biggest problem with this printer is that it is more or less completely hostbased and dependant on the windows driver and will probably only work in very limited DOS environments in a windows "DOS box". The printer was NEVER intended to be used in DOS at all, so if you get it to work reliably, it´s your luck [wink]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back