Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DOS Client on Metaframe

Status
Not open for further replies.

kk5629

MIS
Apr 22, 1999
US
We are evaluating Citrix at our shop for use by our remote users. I have been trying to use the DOS client to connect to get a feel for how this works. We are using 3Com 3C905B-TX and 3Com 3C50x NICS and trying to connect via TCPIP. I have been unsuccessful in my attempts at this. The error I get when launching wfclient are it attempts to connect but I get an error 23 Virtual Socket Library (VSL.COM)not loaded. When I attempt to run VLS.COM prior to starting wfclient it tells me it could not find TCP/IP support. I may not be setting my net car dup properly. Anyone with any ideas or suggestions? I would greatly appreciate it. Be gentle I am kind of new to this arena (Citrix) and am trying to learn TCP/IP. Thank You.

Just a shot in the dark: Is TCP/IP configured on the Citrix Server? If yes, you may add NETBEUI as another Citrix Server protocol and try to connect with the DOS-Client and NETBEUI.<br>
<br>
Had similar problems once: all Clients (Win3x, Win9x, NT) ran with TCP, except DOS - till I found that there's no way to run my NIC (older IBM TokenRing) with DOS-TCP. Only NETBEUI worked for this NIC -&gt; running.<br>
<br>
HTH,<br>
-Michael

The answer is Yes to the Citrix box running IP only. We are going to add NetBeui support for testing purposes but, that will not work for us in the long run because NetBeui is not routable and we intend on users from our remote sites using this box for specialized software. <br>
<br>
I appreciate the response but, if anyone knows any other alternatives that would accomplish the goals we are trying to achieve I would appreciate it very much. <br>
<br>
Thank You Michael.

just a possibility, but I had a similar problem.... Are you using lanman 2.2 ? this is the necessary tcp/ip software package to connect dos to a win32 os whatever the case.. do you have dos drivers for your nic? Also.. will your remote host even be connecting through a nic? I know one of the reasons we invested in citrix software was because we didn't have to have a fast connection in order to utilize it.

There is a full solution to this problem in the Citrix Solution Knowledge Base - document id CTX061938

Cheers ... Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back