Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DOS Batch - Call command "funny"..

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulSc

MIS
Aug 21, 2000
GB
Hi,
after a bit of help/advice please..

i have a series of DOS batch scripts which are "controlled" by a master script, CALLing each step as it goes

i.e call \\server1\folder\script1.bat
call \\server2\folder\script2.bat
call \\server1\folder\script3.bat

This excutes all the scripts from the server they are called from (i.e. server1), however in my case, script2 for example runs ISQL scripts and the server1 this runs from doesnt have SQL installed (server2 does) meaning it doesnt work....it processes but doesnt action the ISQL commands...

I can't transfer all the scripts to the other server as the 3rd party app that runs them cant see outside its own environment and even if I do another single script to call all the scripts from server2 I still have the same issue...

So my question is, is there a way to make script2 actually execute on Server2 (rather than Server1) (yet still run script1 and script3 on server1) ????

Cheers

PaulSc

To do that you would need to use a 3rd party solution. I would look at psexec.exe from MS.

[red]"... isn't sanity really just a one trick pony anyway?! I mean, all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you are good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit!" - The Tick[/red]

Works a treat thank you...

Have a follow on "fumnny" but thats Specifically SQL related so I've posted in that forum...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back