Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dos Applications on 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

starwars

Technical User
Dec 17, 2001
GB
Hi

we still have some old dos apps in use and when i moved them to the test environment on 2003 server they are no longer working. Does anyone know if i will ever be able to get these apps to work.

Thanks

Many dos apps work on xp or 2003, just have to play with them enough to get them working.

Do the applications at least try to open? or do you get errors when trying to open? Is there anything run in the autoexec.bat or config.sys on the old machine?

~ K.I.S.S - Don't make it any more complex than it has to be ~

Hi Thanks for your response. It open the main application screen but wont let you logon it jsut says. Error 090 Files Access error on open. It was working perfectly before i upgraded the server this afternoon.

Thanks

Is this a dos database proggie that runs from a client? If so, you definitely have to check the user rights on the server. I've set up 3 2k3 servers already and noticed that rights are inherited from the master drive by default.
Try right clicking on the drive your files are sitting on and check the security -> advanced tab. Also check that the directories and files are not set read only. Copying files from another server sometimes sets the read only attribute.

~ K.I.S.S - Don't make it any more complex than it has to be ~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back