Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DOS aplication running in NT4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

hlvorbeck

Programmer
Apr 4, 2001
AR
Sometimes when I install a DOS aplication and run into NT server 4.0 display only a half screen with the program.
This one runs correctly but is hardly to work in this format.
Anybody knows why ?

Thanks.

HL.
lopezhernan@mari.esc.edu.ar

In the control panel, you should see the Console icon. Try it's display properties, use full screen mode. Note that this will apply to all instances of cmd.exe apps you'll start. You can also try the same with the DOS app icon which you wish to run separately. Mubashir
muhammad.mubashir@sbp.org.pk

No one's worth your tears. The one who is, won't make you cry.

Im a not quite sure of your english but do you mean that the dos box is only half the screen size, making it hard to use the DOS app. when you have the DOS program open, try pressing ALT + ENTER together, this will make the DOS box fill the entire screen.

Dan

I'm not in a DOS box. I'm in a DOS full screen and displays only half screen size

It is displaying all the information.. but only using half of the monitor???

The only thing i can think of is perhaps your monitor doesn't correctly support or isn't setup correctly for the resolution/frequency your using in dos. Can you addjust the H and V on your monitor to make it fill the screen? I don't know if there is a way to change your dos resolution???

My ignorant 2cents.. :p

you could try changing you font size but i dont think it will work !!! tricky

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back