Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dos 7.10 does not recognize my supramax 56i voice pci modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbrownie

MIS
Jun 25, 1999
US
I have just recently been able to completely seperate my dos 7.1 from my windows 98 and i run them as indapendent operating systems.... , haveing toyed around in windows since the inception of win 3.1 i never really got the chance to learn dos... and i must say i am having a blast!!!!!! woo hoo some really neet utilitys and games and such...... oh well my problem is that now that i have dos running and i am dabbling through it ..Its time to go online ... i found a browser..(ARACHNE) and i am relitively certain i have the thing configured correctly...... but dos is not recognizing my modem..... it doesnt even attempt to pick up and dial..... i had the same problem with the mouse (dos didn't know it was there eather) but i managed to edit my autoexet.bat to clear that problem up ... If anyone can help me with my dillema i would greatly appreciate a responce......... thank you, Brownie

If it IS a winmodem; then you need to FIND your device driver & put it in the proper places in your autoexec.bat & your config.sys files.<br>
<br>
Enjoy your freedom @ the DOS prompt (and remember; Bill Gates is trying hard NOT to let you...that's why it's SOOOO much harder to separate now)<br>
<br>
<br>
-Robherc<br>
robherc@netzero.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back