Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Don't want report to show null information

Status
Not open for further replies.

POLCATS

Technical User
Nov 9, 2002
US
I have an expression in the control source of the text box that reads =DateAdd("y",+181,[records review]) what I also want it to do is not show the null fields how can I do this?

POLCATS

I had difficulty in re-creating your problem, but the following code might work:
Use the 'On Format' event of your Report's detail section:
----------------------------------------------------------
Private Sub Detail_Format(Cancel As Integer, FormatCount As Integer)
If IsNull(MyDate) = True Then
MyDate.Visible = False
Else
MyDate.Visible = True
End If
End Sub
----------------------------------------------------------

Forgive me but I'm new to this. What I should have explained is that I have a report that I don't want any records that have null information in a particular field to show on the report. The report looks like this in the detail section;

[lastname][firstname][rank][tdy][tdyloction][tdydri][tdyreturn]

The report is not link to a query other than the expression in [tdyreturn] control source and it reads like =DateAdd("y",[TDY Length],[TDYDri])

I don't want the report to show any record that is missing a date in the [tdydri] section. Hopefully I explained myself better.

Ralph

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back