Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Don't want grand totals in table footer on separate page

Status
Not open for further replies.

dianemarie

Instructor
Jul 11, 2001
US
Hello, I have 3 groups in my report. The first group is by customer ID. The second two groups are conditional groupings by product depending on what the user chooses via a parameter. Dollar totals are on the product groups (2&3) as well as the owner group (1). The user can enter multiple customer numbers and separate reports are created by page breaking after Group #1.

Some people want to see a grand total for all customers on the last page of the report. (Grand totals are conditional via a parameter, but that's neither here nor there in regards to this issue.) I put the Grand Total in the table footer but because I break after group 1, the grand totals go onto a separate page, by themselves.

Is there a way to get this table footer on the last page of the report, not on a separate page? TIA. Diane

Are you conditionally displaying or suppressing groups two and three depending on what paramters are selected? If you select the entire group row and apply suppression, it should also suppress all attributes associated with them (ie. page breaks).

Another way to handle the grand totals might be to put them in the page footer and conditionally display the fields based on your parameter as well as globals. Something like
Code:
=iif(Globals!PageNumber = Globals!TotalPages and Parameters!DisplayTotals.Value(0) = "Y",False,True)
Just remember in page footer section you cannot call to field directly so you'll want to put the grand total expression in a hidden field on the report and call to the ReportItem in the page footer instead.

The page break is on Group 1, which is never suppressed. I'll give your last suggestion a try and let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back