Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Don't want forms to open in maximum mode 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

KerryL

Technical User
May 7, 2001
US
My database contains a main menu with numerous buttons on it that open other forms. Now, for some reason, each time I click a button the new form opens in maximum-size mode, filling the entire Access window with the form instead of the form opening in "sized" mode.

To get it back to "sized" mode, I click on the little double-window icon in the upper right hand corner.

What's the deal? :)

I'd like for each of the forms to open in "sized" mode instead of full screen. What setting do I need to change in order for the forms to not open in full-screen mode all the time?

Thanks,
kerry

you could try looking at pop up and modal in the properties of the form. in help

Hope this helps
Hymn

I've never had to set the Pop Up and Modal properties to 'yes' before to get the form to open in a way that matches it's size and location.

Not sure why this DB is acting differently.

maybe you have dragged the form too large,while in design view.try to resized it smaller. Or mayber teh screen resolution has been changed?have you checked?

No DoCmd.Maximize somewhere ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

Open the form in design view, open the form properties box, click on the event tab, double click in the "On Open" event so you see "[Event Procedure]" in the box. Click on the small box to the right of the "On Open" event to get to the code window. In the "Form_Open" sub procedure key in "DoCmd.Restore".

Before saving the form, click on the form restore icon (between the minimize and maximize icons in the upper right). Size the form to what you want and save it at that size.

When you open the form it will be restored to the saved size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back