Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dont understand what happened

Status
Not open for further replies.

telnettech

Vendor
May 5, 2005
US
I have a G3si rel 9 software system that i needed the processor card replaced.......when i put the wrong rel (12 i think) into the system, the switch came up but i had a license error in my alarm logs.....i tried to put the old card back in and the system wouldnt come back up.......can someone explain why the system wouldnt come back up....no save trans was done after the new card was installed

Brian

To error is human.....if the machine doesnt work, then KICK IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only way to find out is to put back the R12 processor, and do a "status card-mem" or "list con soft long" to see what date & version the translations on the flashcard are. If it says r12 something, err, well, thats not so good. I don't believe there is a way to downgrade translations (except maybe Provision).
However, if the system does not come up at all, are you sure it has anything to do with the translations, the old processor may be failing?

In since Release 10 the license is generated with the Processor Serial Number, in you replace the processor a new licence file must be generated, there is no other way

thanks for all the information......i didnt have a license file, i didnt want to upgrade and the bad thing is that i dont have a backup flash card with the rel 9 software.....sounds like i am screwed

To error is human.....if the machine doesnt work, then KICK IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back