Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Don't see all files to restore in the DB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quinveros

MIS
Apr 30, 2001
BE
I work on a NT 4 Server with SP5 and I've got Arcserve version 6.61. When I do a backup, Arcserve notes all the are backuped, but when I want to restore by session, I don't see all the files (Sometime I don't see files beginning by A, C, by S-U for exemple, sometime I see them all). Whats's happen. Is there a bug or a bad utilisation of me?

I'm not 100% sure, but I'm not sure that your tapes are merging to the database. I'm sort of new to the whole ArcServe, but, I've had that problem, and, that's what I found the solution to be.

Hi,
Sometimes that issue is because the space in the ARCServe database is nearly full and when the backup take place the system is unable to find space to update the database, for that reason is important to run everyday the PRUNE job (default) and run sometimes dbmgr to clean up the database.
In my case I had to initialize the database (ran out of space) and after that merge some tapes to get the catalog for them.

Steps for Initialize the Database (Catalog):
1)Stop Database Engine
2)Delete all the files from Temp directory (c:\>ARCServeIT\Database\Temp)
3)Restart the Database Engine
4)Initialize all the Databases (be sure IT Manager is not running)
5)Restart IT Manager.

Hope it works…

Make sure you're running ArcServe 6.61 with SP2a. You can get this from the CA website. Monkeylizard
-Isaiah 35-

use the 'merge media' utility, this will append the information from your media to your arcserve database. then from restore, select the version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back