Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Don't save Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

azulita

IS-IT--Management
Jan 31, 2002
MX
Hello,

I have a problem, I have a Solaris 8 Server Backup and Win2000 Client, The backup start ok and all the savesets are backed up successfully, but at the moment that it tries to backup the index it stays there and terminates with an time out error...
If I look in the volumes, I can see all the savesets there but in the group detail it shows that the backup failed.

Does anybody know what may be the problem?

MEG

This lloks strange as the index data is backed up from the server, not from the client.

Timeout usually means that somebody is not answereing or can not deliver data. Can you backup the server by itself?

If not, check your name resolution.

also if you have a bootstrap pool designated make sure that the group your win2000 client is a part of can write to the bootstrap pool.

Hi,

We resolved the problem, changed tcp_keepalive_interval parameter in the backup server. I don't know why but it was the solution.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back