Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Don't know why the 'Location' field of the Workstation object are gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 29, 2001
ID
Hi,

I had face a problem which the "location" field of the workstation objects on the Checkpoint firewall become gray or disable! I'm not able to change the setting either "internal" or "externat".

Let me descript the detail,

First, the Check Point firewall 4.0 is install on IBM AIX server which enterprise version. (this problem was not happens in this stage)

My purpose is to upgrade the firewall from 4.0 to 4.1 and install on windows NT 4.0 platform.

So, what i did is install a windows NT 4.0 and install the Check Point Firewall 4.0. Copy the file from AIX to NT. After that, upgrade the Checkpoint firewall from 4.0 to 4.1. So, all the policy and objects are remain.

But the problem is the workstation objects cannot change the location field. it is gray or disable! But the network objects are fine!

Can anyone advise me!

Cheers,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back