Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Don't know if this is possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shannon88

Technical User
Mar 4, 2003
US
I have a table that within it I want to open another form (pulling up another table). The table that I want to pull up has 23 products that will change often with checkboxs for yes or no. My primary key is the Vendor #. The problem is that each vendor # can have mutiple files within. I could had all 23 items into my main table, but then the users will not have an option to update or change the products. Anyone that can give me some kind of direction on this is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Shannon88

If I understand you correctly, it sounds like you have the table structure correct. Sounds like you have a vender table with the VenderID and then a products table that has the VenderID as a foreign key. After the user selects a vender, you should be able to open either another form or a sub-form that has the lst of products by that vender. The second form or sub-form should be based on a query that takes the VenderID that was selected before. Terry
* General Disclaimor - Please read *
Please make sure your post is in the CORRECT forum, has a descriptive title, gives as much detail to the problem as possible, and has examples of expected results. This will enable me and others to help you faster...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back