Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Don't know how to configure auditing data source

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwirky

MIS
Apr 22, 2010
AU
Hi,
I am getting the message "Auditing information is not being written to the auditing database. Please verify that the auditing data source is configured properly on the CMS." on all of the servers.
I had configured the auditing driver through CCM and the message came up with set up complete (or words to that effect).
What should the setting be? I have followed the DOE Deployment and Configuration Guide, but am still getting this message.
Your help would be gratefully appreciated.

Is your auditing database different than your CMS database? It should be in its own separate database/schema.

Does the user ID that the CMS uses to log in to the database have access rights to create tables, views, indexes, etc. as well as full rights to add/update/delete data in the tables. If not, then the tables may not be set up. You can check this by logging in to the audit database using that user ID and verify that there are tables in the database - they get created during the initial connection to the database if they don't already exist.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Hi,
We had a auditing database created by default when installing out Crystal Server 2008. The user logging in is the Administrator with full control.
I have enabled the auditing, however am getting the not properly configured message.

All sorted.

Thanks for your help.

I went back and recreated, following manual step by step and auditor now works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back