Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Don't allow mouse scroll wheel to navigate records 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krullms

MIS
Aug 5, 2005
US
I was just wondering if there is a way to not allow the mouse scroll wheel to change records on a certain form. If its not possible by form, then is there a way to stop this through access?

thanks
mike

or perhaps:

How to Detect and Prevent the Mouse Wheel from Scrolling Through Records in a Form

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

Those look like nice solutions but I've downloaded something in the past that was much simpler. It was called "Mouse Wheel Killer" and you needed to register on each copy of Access that will be using the database and simply drop the object into the form to kill the mouse wheel for that particular form. I can't remember which site I got it from, do a google search on Microsoft Access Mouse Wheel Killer and you should find the site. I had a version for Access97, hopefully there is updated versions floating around, or possibly it won't matter.

I don't know what I am doing wrong.
I download the example on the website but it still tells me that it can't find the MouseHook.dll file and to copy it to the same folder as the mdb.
I think I'm going mad but it is as follows:

Location of MouseHook.dll:

G:\My Documents\Mouse\Mouse2

And the location of the database is:
G:\My Documents\Mouse\Mouse2

The only thing I could think of is that under the properties of MouseHook.dll it says:
Type of file: Application Extension
and
Opens with: Unknown application

Could this explain why it can't be found.

Thanks for any help

Dave

Evalesthy,
Thanks for the reply.
I tried it with this but get exactly the same error message! I have checked and they are in the same folder.

Is it because I don't have a proper Visual Basic program, just the one stuck to Access 2002?

David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back