Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

don't allow AA to transfer to certain extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonythetech

IS-IT--Management
Mar 19, 2002
US
Hi everyone,

I have a Partner ACS 7.0 with PVM rel 3.0. We have the AA set to answer immediately. Is there a way to prevent callers from being able to transfer to certain extensions (in our case 26-34). We have these phones in classrooms and don't want them to receive calls from outside.

You can restrict it with the Auto-attendant selector code, but it would restrict it for any extension starting with a "2" or a "3".

I don't think with the PC Mail Card that you can restrict it on an extension level. Do they have mailboxes assigned to those extensions?

No they don't have voicemail. I guess from your suggestion I could place them all in the 30's range restrict selector code 3. Do you see any other potential problems doing this?

Thanks

If a caller is familiar with the system they could still hit *8 and the extension # to transfer.
With that system their only choice would be Partner Messaging, but that would cost money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back