Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dongle Suppliers

Status
Not open for further replies.

meca

Programmer
Aug 29, 2001
US
I am looking to protect my VB Application from piracy by use of a Dongle. I have been researching the different companies that provide Dongle's, and I was wondering if anyone has any experience with dongle suppliers? Some I have found include:

Aladdin
KeyLok
Rainbow

I haven't tried dongles for several years. They used to be expensive for what they protect, unreliable and very much disliked by users.

I went back to software protection because of this.

About the only way to justify therir use is if you have a very expensive program which runs on what is effectively a dedicated workstation. For instance AutoCad ran with dongles in some countries for a while, and I believe PrimaVera still use them.

'People who live in windowed environments shouldn't cast pointers.'

I don't know much about how to use them, but we have been using Rainbow security cubes for years to insure the number of concurrent users is the same as the number of licenses that they were sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back