Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Domino tasks using heaps of memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABOzIT

IS-IT--Management
May 1, 2003
JP
I have an issue that is requiring me to reboot my Notes server every 2 weeks. The Domino tsks are using heaps of system memory and the server slows down to a crawl.

The server is a Dell PowerEdge 2650 with dual Xeon 2.8GHz processors and 2Gb RAM.

When I check the task manager when the server is first started the domino tasks like nrouter, nserver, nadmin, nupdate etc are using a couple of meg of memory at the most. After a week some of these tasks are using up to 900Mb and the server is slowing down. The only way to get these tasks to release the memory is to reboot the server. This amount of memory for each task seems ecsessive

This seems like some sort of memory leak to me but other systems in our org are not experiencing this problem.

The server is running Win 2003 server and Domino 6.0.3

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

not a suggestion, but I have the same problem with Domino 5.0.12 running on a Compaq DL360 G2 with dual P3 1.2Ghz processors.

I could never get the server to run for more than a couple weeks at a time with any speed and noticed the same memory problem.

I spoke with tech support multiple times,,,they even had me run the dump files and everything you can imagine,,,,finally one tech said "just restart the server once a week or so"

that was the best answer I got from them.

Id@

We also experienced the same issue with NT servers and eventually built in an out of hours reboot, once a week

This seemed to give most of the servers more stability.

Not pretty but it works :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back