Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Domino security - port encryption

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortan

Programmer
Jul 13, 2002
CZ
Hi,
I am still searching some information about Domino security. I want to access my domino server from internet. But what I don't know is how is it with security.
I found in Domino Help file that it is possible to encrypt net (tcp/ip) port and all the data send are encrypted. But there is nothing else about that encryption. I need information how is this encryption strong, how it works and so on.

Does anyone know if is this encryption really good?
Can I believe it?
Has anyone some experiences?

Thanks a lot
Mortan

Hi Mortan,
I too am looking into this area and I have decided to split the security sections into two parts.

Firstly I want my users to be able to access their email and databases via web browsers (i.e. iNotes) so for this its best to use SSL (port 443). So we are currently looking into purchasing a certificate from Verisign or a similar organisation.

As for using the notes client over the internet it is possible if you open up TCP port 1352 on your firewall. From what I have read so far lotus experts say that if you select encyption on the server port it is secure because users require id files to access the server.

Hope this info helps you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back