Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

domino mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

piq

Programmer
Apr 2, 2003
PL
Hi,
I started learn Domino and have simple (i hope question).
I would like to monitor emails of my users, and I would like to have all emails of users in one .nsf file, and when emails arrives to this (imagined) nsf file, I read it and I (somehow, it doesn't matter) put this mail to other nsf file (of some user).
Is there possible to do that thing?

Thanks!
piq

Hi,
I don't know a exisitng solution of this.
But you can do it with some simple programming.
You need to copy the Memo form from the Mail-Template into an empty database.
Next you need to copy the information from names.nsf about the mail file of the users in another (new) form of this new database.
In the Memo form there is the field SendTo. You can program an action (with a butoon) that looks up the original mail-file an move the Memo to the original mail-database.

Ole

As ohinz says, you need to do some programming.
The solution could be as follows :

1) create a monitor database based on the mail file template
2) create a New Mail agent in the template that copies every new mail automatically to a Monitor db
3) create the Monitor db based on the mail template

Alternativly, you could make the agent scheduled, so as to avoid New Mail issues (that agent type can be a bit difficult to get running right). In any case, you should sign the agent with the Admin ID, to avoid having to give users access to the Monitor db.

Once your monitor db is up and running, you can then simply forward any mail to you supervisor, since it is based on the mail template itself.

You have two hurdles to overcome : getting the agent to run only on new mails, and getting every users mail file updated. The rest should not be difficult.

Pascal.

Journalling may almost give you what you are after?. You will have every email that passes through your server kept as a total record in one file. It can be set to 'rollover' using the same file or start a new file at a specified size. Remember that this keeps EVERY mail into, out of, or within your domain. The mail is delivered to the users as normal but a copy is stored in the journal file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back