Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Domino Designer-hide buttons

Status
Not open for further replies.

bufhal2

Technical User
Dec 13, 2005
US
Hope someone can help me...
I have a DB with a field PartNumbers which has different formated numbers and letters.
When a certain format is entered (XXXX-XXXX-RXX), I want a seperate field to notify the user with a dialog box or alert of some kind. There must be an "R" in that place for the alert to notify.
Can someone please help me?
Great appreciation..

Code "suggestion" to try in the additional field:

@If(@IsDocBeingRecalculated & @Text(NumberRField) <> "" @Contains(@Uppercase(@Text(NumberRField)); "R"); "ALERT message"; "");

If you want to use a dialogbox, you should be 'flagging' it so you can trigger it one time only. The above is just a text field (Normally defined as 'Computed for display') which display the alert text when R is found inside the number. If it has to be on that specific position ONLY it will need a little bit more code... But if the other chars are anything but R it should work...

Brgds,

TrooDOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back