Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Domino 5.05 on NT -> 2000?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smikes19

MIS
Oct 18, 2001
US
Hi,
I have Domino 5.05 running on an NT ibm netfinity server. Has anyone had any experience doing a win2000 upgrade? Nothing else is loaded on the box so I dont see a problem. If it turns out flakey and I need to do a clean install of 2000, can i just zip my domino directory then unzip on the clean install???

thanks,
mike

as i understand it, pretty much - down the server and zip it up or copy it somewhere safe and do your upgrade/install. The whole lotus/domino structure needs to be there and when puting on the new server make sure the same paths are used and the same drive letters too - this is very important. The only gotcha is if you have Domino running as a service - unfortunately i dont know how to have this run as a service without re-installing and then copying you old data over the top.

Yikes, I do have domino running as a service so it doesnt look like this is going to be pretty. What i'll do is setup a test machine and install nt4/domino...and do the upgrade...hopefully it will turn out ok.

thanks

I just did this. I backed up (copied) both Lotus directories, then wiped server clean, then installed Win 2000, then ran the Lotus Domino setup, chose "Start as Service" then restarted, then completely overwrote both Lotus Directories with the origanals I backed up, then restarted, everything works fine.

By the way, Lotus sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back