Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Domains and trusts

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCs5thGen

IS-IT--Management
Nov 3, 2008
US
I have a domain with multiple subnets. We are going to setup a forest trust between our main office and another office outside of our current domain.
Do I need to setup each subnet with trusts or can I do it with only our main office subnet? Hopefully this makes sence.

If your all on the same domain and all pc's are joined as well then make sure DNS is functioning and you should be ok. I have multiple sites and one domain and everything sowks correctly.

All our sites are joined together using VPNs. Will I have to VPN all the other sites to the Site that is trusted outside our Domain?
I think this is what I meant to ask the first time.
And the reason I ask is, we dont have any reason for our other subnets to talk to the Domain that needs to be trusted to ours.

Ok so are the other sites part of your company? What exactly are you looking to accomplish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back