Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Domain trust

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martix

IS-IT--Management
Aug 22, 2001
US
Hello

I am having a problem, I have 15 laptops that i imaged that i am attempting to configure for use in the field (security company) each machine is named "fieldops01" and i nver connect more than one laptop to the windows 2000 server. What i am doing is hooking them up one at a time and changing the user name ( add a user under control panel) and configuring them form there. I log on to the laptop as administrator which coincides with the administrator id and password on the server. sometimes i am able to add a user without incident and sometimes i get the following error
"The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed". this stops me cold i can not configure the laptop when i get this message. Any help will be appreciated greatly.

Just to adsd to this, all the windows 2000 workstations are starting to do this now.. please help

If you are running a WIN2K domain, I would think the problem is SID. Try removing from Domain change names to fieldpro1, fieldpro2,fieldpro3,etc. Rejoin to domain. Vince Grice
vgrice@hotmail.com
MCSE Win2K, NT; MCSA; MCP+I
favicon.ico

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back