Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Domain Security Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josephm

IS-IT--Management
Mar 28, 2002
US
I set up a domain on our network. When I join a client to the domain and have to reboot the clients computer (for whatever reason), I get "The local policy of this system does not permit you to logon interactively".

From here I use a special recovery disk to be able to logon locally as administrator but then I have to take the client out of the domain and back in workgroup. It's definitely a domain security issue since it only occurs to members of the domain. I'm thinking of removing the domain and reinstalling it.

Any ideas, thanks

Check your domain group policy and your site group policy. Look in computer configuration/windows settings/security settings/local policies/user rights assignments. What have you specified in the log on locally setting? This setting is normally only specified in the domain controllers group policy to prevent normal users from logging on directly to the domain controller. If you have it specified domain wide or site wide, then unspecify it or add domain users to to it. Note: if you specify this in any OU (i.e. domain controllers OU) it will overwrite the settings of the domain or site. Settings are applied as follows: local>site>domain>top ou's>lower level ou's. The last setting will overwrite preveous settings if they are defined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back