Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Domain Privelages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Georgelost

IS-IT--Management
Mar 1, 2000
US
We have users connecting to nt server domain but when using the domain option at windows nt logon user has no access to change clocke setting add printer etc.  users nt workstation logon does have admin privelages...

You should not use local logins at all.&nbsp;&nbsp;Do the following:<br><br>- Create a domain global group for the users you want to have local workstation administrative priveleges and populate it with the users IDs.<br>- Log into each workstation as the local administrator and, in the local user manager, add the domain group to the local administrators group for that workstation.<br>- Reboot each workstation<br><br>Now any time any member of that grou[ logs into the domain from a workstation, they will have local administrative priveleges on the machine but normal user priveleges on the domain.<br> <p> Jeff<br><a href=mailto: masterracker@hotmail.com> masterracker@hotmail.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br> Of all the things I've lost in life, I miss my mind the most ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back